If your New Year’s Resolution is to save more money,
consider these quick 5 savings tips:
- Record your expenses so you know exactly how much you’re spending and identify any expenses you could eliminate, like unused subscriptions and gym memberships. (Quick tip: Setting up alerts within Online Banking can be a great way to keep track of balances, debit card transactions and more!)
- Spend time shopping around and comparing prices on large ticket items. Many times, you can find discounts, coupons or rebates on things you already buy.
- Assess your current monthly bills, such as home owners or vehicle insurance, and see if there are any cost savings available. You may be paying to have coverage you don’t necessarily need and by investing a little time, you may be able to easily save money on annual or monthly premiums.
- Consider setting up an automatic payment to go into your savings account. You can determine the amount to be transferred and how often you want the transfer to take place, even the exact day of the transfer. Because you're in control, you can make adjustments to your transfers or stop them whenever you like. (Start automatically saving today by setting this up within Online Banking using the recurring transfer option.)
- Consider temporarily increasing your income by getting a part time job or selling items you no longer need.
Third party website links will launch you to a website that is not controlled or owned by The Bank of Burlington. The Bank of Burlington does not contribute to the content displayed on these websites and does not legally endorse services or represent you or the third party in transactions conducted via these linked websites. Please be aware that information security and privacy policies may differ from those practiced by The Bank of Burlington.